A dashboard camera (dashcam) also known as car digital video recorder (car DVR) is a digital video camera specifically built for use in vehicles. Dashcams continuously record video of the view to the front of the vehicle through the windshield and rear of the vehicle. Some dashcams also include an in-cabin camera to capture the inside of the vehicle. Dashcams also capture activities when the vehicle is parked.
Newer dashcams are also capable of capturing GPS data, harsh acceleration or deceleration events, speed and direction of vehicle and the more advanced dashcams also support real-time streaming of video and telematics data so you can view your vehicles location and video live. on your mobile phones.
- Dashcam recorded video can be used as video evidence in the event of a road accident or incident.
- Dashcam recordings can help you from false accusations.
- You can use the footage in the court of law as evidence
- You can use the footage for insurance claims
- When you witness an incident and your dashcam captures it, the footage can be of real help to the police and victim.
Dashcams are gaining popularity in many countries and we highly recommend you get them for your vehicles too. Please refer to your local law and regulations before using a dashcam or uploading the footage to social media
If you own a vehicle and don't already have a dashcam you should get one as soon as possible! There are a wide range of dashcams available for you to choose from.
We recommend you choose a dashcam with good resolution a minimum of Full HD or 1080p with night vision or night recording capabilities. You would not want to be involved in a road accident only to realize that the footage is of no use to anyone due to poor quality.
You can also buy a dashcam from our online shop